Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What We've Been Up To...



It's been exactly three years since the last time I posted anything on our blog. In the beginning the sole purpose was to update family and friends about the progress of our home being built. Once it was done, I gave up blogging all together! Well, I'm back! A lot has happened since then, and I've decided to start this up again.  Here is a short synopsis of our lives over the past three years..


We moved into our home on October 3, 2012 and to say that we loved being homeowners in the beginning would be a generous statement. We've officially learned that being "grown-ups" isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Yet some how we've managed, and now we love it.  We completed our yard earlier this year, and now our half acre, is filled with a basketball half court, a bike path for Winston to ride on, a garden, a pergola/patio and a fire pit. We have loved having family and friends over to play in the backyard on those perfect summer nights. Winston especially loves roaming his yard as if he is a king perusing his country. Richard and I are his servants-- pushing him around in his Tikes car, and we are more than okay with that. 


On January 11, 2014, after a year and a half of fertility treatments, we successfully got pregnant, had a decently healthy pregnancy and Winston Kaimana Naotaka Oto joined our family. His conception, labor and delivery is a post all on it's own, so I'll save that one. He is the love of our lives and makes us laugh and smile everyday. 


After having Winston, I decided to leave my job as a History and Student Council Advisor at Centennial Middle School in Provo. Although I miss teaching greatly, being at home with Winston is one of the best decisions I've ever made. After fighting so hard for him to join our family, it seemed silly to let another person raise him during the day, just so I could work. And while we do not judge others who decide to work while raising kids, we knew it was unacceptable for us. I happily packed up my classroom, said goodbye to my students and teacher friends, and began my life as a stay-at-home mommy. I wake up just about every morning thinking I'm living a dream... the best kind of dream where you don't want to wake up from. To say I love my life, would be an understatement. 


Richard is still working at Adobe and loves the life style his job provides. Although he recently took a role-change that has him traveling more, his favorite moments are being with Winston. Watching my two boys cuddle and watch Jeopardy makes me think that life couldn't get better. And yet, I know it can.  Which is why we're hoping to expand our family through the blessing of adoption. 


With our adoption profile going public, I've had many of you express love, concern, and even curiosity. So, I thought I'd start this up again to give you an insider's look into what we've been going through with our infertility and where we are in our adoption process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment